GUIDES & TUTORIALS
Beneath the brightly-polished scales of any dragon is an efficient, calculated machine of Health, Attack, and Recovery. Here we have an image that will help us break down a Monsters Skills and Stats.
- Monster Type: This descriptive text tells you what kind of Monster you are dealing with. These can range from Evo Material, to Attacker or Healer. Their titles often give clues about their roles in battle. This particular character is good for healing – not attacking! Attackers typically have low HP and RCV, but more than make up for it with a high ATK value. Dragons are usually well balanced with relatively high marks in all 3 primary stats. Evolution and Enhance Materials aren’t meant to follow you into battle; instead, their role is to strengthen your team through Fusion. Remember, Monster types are not Attributes.
- Stats: Your primary stats are HP, ATK and RCV.
- HP: How much HP this monster contributes to your team’s total HP.
- ATK: When 3 Orbs of this Monster’s Attribute are lined up, this is the base damage the Monster will deliver. The monster’s attribute is indicated by the colored Orb icon in the top left corner of its portrait.
- RCV: This particular Monster’s contribution to your Team’s healing potential.
When you choose to perform a +Egg Fusion, the +1 that hovers over the egg means that a +1 bonus has been applied to the HP, ATK, or RCV of that monster. You can do this a total of +99 times per stat, for a total of +297 stat bonuses on a particular monster. You cannot exceed the +99 per stat limit.
Feeding +Eggs takes a great deal of money! Be aware of this and try to make Power Up Fusions efficiently.
- Leveling Info: This indicates the leveling potential of the current Monster as well as its Cost when added to your team. The sum of all selected Monsters cannot exceed your Team Cost value.
- Skill: This is the skill you use by tapping the Monster’s portrait in battle as soon as it’s activated. The “Lv.1″ refers to the ability’s potency (which can be increased through Power-Up Fusion), and the “Turn: 10″ indicates how soon the ability can be used. In this case, you must take at least 10 turns before you can use this SKL. When you perform a Skill Up, it’s this ability that is improved. Skill Up chances are rare, and it can often take multiple attempts of feeding monsters with the same skill in a Power Up fusion to get the intended result. Note: it is ONLY possible to Skill Up abilities if they share the exact same title—this means that abilities that share the same effect but not the same title cannot skill up each other!
- Leader Skill: This is a passive ability that is always active if the chosen Monster is in your Leader slot. You can also take advantage of your Friends’ Leader Skills if you choose for them to accompany you into a dungeon. Leader Skills were discussed earlier in Combat—the leader skill you take into battle can often determine the overall strength of your team well in advance! Leader Skills can affect and depend upon a large number of variables, whether it’s your available HP, or what Monster Types you currently have on your team.
I can’t update the game on my Android device.
Please check that you have the most updated version of the app on Google Play Store. If there is a newer update, you will see an “Update” button, so please tap on it to update the app. If you can’t update, please try the following.
Check the network connection:
If you are not connected to a network, you will not be able to update the app. Please try where you have a good network connection.
Check the remaining memory space on your device/external storage:
If you don’t have enough space on your device/external storage, you will not be able to update the app. Please make enough space and try again.
Delete Cache on the Google Play Store App:
Tap “Settings” on your device and tap on “Apps.”
Tap on the Google Play Store app.
Go to “Cache” and tap on “Clear Cache.”*
*The exact terminology of these messages and the required steps for this process may vary based on your device. Please contact your device manufacturer if you have further questions.
※Please be careful not to accidentally tap on “Uninstall” when updating your app. Please click here for more information on how to backup and migrate your game data.
※The time it takes for the Google Play Store’s update to take place may vary based on your device.
Welcome to our FAQ. Just type your question in the search bar to find help. If you need further assistance, please contact support.
What devices support P&D?
You can play P&D on the following devices:
App Store: iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with iOS 7.0 or higher
Google Play Store: Requires Android OS 4.0 – 8.0
Amazon Kindle Fire: Kindle Fire (Second Generation and up), Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX
※Limited to operating systems that the game has been officially released on. Please be aware, certain custom firmwares may cause issues.
Can you play for free?
The app is free to download. You can enjoy the game without paying, but “Magic Stones” which will help you along in the game are paid items.
How do you purchase Magic Stones?
iOS: You can purchase Magic Stones with credit cards or iTunes cards. If you have any payment-related questions, please contact Apple for support.
Android: You can purchase Magic Stones through the payment option displayed on the Google Play Store (for example, together with your payments to your credit card/network companies). If you have any payment-related questions, please contact Google for support.
Can I change the time setting on my device?
Changing the time setting deliberately may cause issues with game data, and it may even result in a corrupted account. If the game data becomes corrupted, we are unable to restore it, including the items you may have purchased. Please refrain from changing the time setting on your device.
Note: It’s OK to change the time setting to adjust to the correct time.
Is the content of the game different depending on my operating system, or which app store I download the game from?
The content of the game is the same across all platforms, but there may be slight differences in the movements and controls of the puzzle.
The game may also have somewhat different content and events based on the region (NA, Japan, Korean, EU). Please make sure to download the correct version of P&D for your region, or we may not be able to offer support.
Are there any prohibited actions in P&D?
All actions which serve to progress the game unfairly by using illegitimate means are strictly prohibited. This includes anything that goes beyond the originally intended and implemented game systems. The following list of examples is not exhaustive, but serves as a good example of prohibited actions.
- Intentional exploitation of in-game bugs
- Trading, buying or selling of game accounts
- Modification of the app
- Use of illegal third party programs
- Client/packet modification or editing
- Impersonating Puzzle & Dragons Official Facebook, Admin, or related companies
- Any other acts deemed inappropriate by the operations team
Such activities will be dealt with strictly. This may include a permanent suspension from the game and the complete deletion of game account data.
Additionally, any user who is not directly involved with these activities but is found to be directly associated and actively benefiting from them will be treated the same as a user who originally performed those actions.
Thank you for your cooperation.
I seem to be the only one who doesn’t see the Limited Time Dungeons.
The Limited Time Dungeons appear at different times for different users. That said, all users get an equal amount of Limited Time Dungeons to keep the game fair for all users.
The Dungeon labeled ½ Stamina requires more than ½ Stamina.
The Dungeons that are labeled ½ Stamina already display the halved amount of Stamina that they require. Please be advised that the Stamina will not be divided in half even further.
Special Dungeons and Event Dungeons aren’t showing up.
Special Dungeons and Event Dungeons are different from standard Dungeons in that they aren’t always available. Please check the official event page to find out the schedule for these special event Dungeons. Also, if the time setting of your device is incorrect, the Dungeons may not properly display.
My Stamina suddenly decreased.
This may result from changing the time setting on your device. Please make sure your device is set to the correct time. Changing the time setting deliberately may cause issues with the game data. This may result in corrupted game data. Please refrain from manually changing the time setting on your device.
Can I delete all in-game messages?
Yes, you can select the “Delete All” option to delete all in-game messages excluding your saved messages and unread messages.
Can I protect in-game messages?
Yes, you can protect in-game messages by opening the message you wish to save and tapping on the “Protect” button. Once you save a message, you will not be able to select the “Delete” button, and it will not be deleted even when you select the “Delete All” option. Please “Protect” your important messages.
I can’t add Friends even though I have space on my Friends List.
The user you are trying to add as your in-game Friend may not have any open slots on his/her Friend List. Also, there’s a chance that you are sending more Friend requests than the maximum number of Friends you are allowed to have at the time. In such case, you will not be able to add more Friends.
Can you become in-game Friends with users who play on different OS’s and who have downloaded the game from different app stores? [Ex: iOS (App Store) <-> Android (Google Play Store); Android (Play Store) <-> Android (Amazon App Store)]
Yes, you can become in-game Friends with users who are playing the game on different operating systems, and you can also use the Friend Gift Exchange feature with them. The content of the game is the same across all platforms, although there may be slight differences in the movements and controls of the puzzle.
How do I change my in-game name?
You can change your in-game name by following the steps:
1. Select “Others” from the bottom menu:
2. Tap “Change Name”
3. Enter your new name, and tap “OK”
What is a Secret Code?
The Secret Code is a unique identification code that is meant to confirm that you are the primary user of a game account. It is CRUCIAL that you do not share this information with anyone as it could greatly compromise the security of the game account.
To check your Secret Code, tap Others>Support>Display.
What is an ID?
A unique ID is assigned to each game data. The ID represents the game account you use, and it is an important piece of information that is required to search Friends and receive support from the operations team. To check yours, tap Friend>ID Search and note the 9-digit number labeled “Your ID.”
Will a game data be deleted if it stays inactive for too long?
We perform regular maintenance on the servers and delete inactive accounts as they can take up tremendous space and put a burden on the servers. If game data fits the descriptions below, they may be subject to deletion.
If a game data fits the following 3 descriptions, they will be deleted:
1. The app hasn’t been launched in over 3 months.*
2. A Magic Stone has never been purchased since the account was created.
3. The game data is below Rank 6.
※Even if the app is launched, if it doesn’t communicate with our server (ie: entering a Dungeon), it may be subject for deletion.
Please be advised that a game data cannot be restored once it’s deleted.
Can I backup my game data to a different device or OS?
Backup data from one device to another (same OS):
iOS: You can backup and transfer your game data from one iOS device to another iOS device by using iTunes or iCloud’s features. Please click here for more information.
Android: You can backup and transfer your game data from one Android device to another Android device by using your Google account. Please click here for more information.
Device change (across all OS’s):
You can transfer your P&D game data from one device to another—whether they’re running on the same or different OS’s—by using the “Device Change” feature. (Ex: iOS<>Android).
To transfer the game data, you will need the “ID” and “Device Change Code” of the data you wish to transfer. The Device Change Code is only effective for one week from the time it is issued, so please transfer your data within this time period. Please click here for more information.
The login bonus didn’t update.
The login bonus is given out at different stages, so the number of days you need to log in to get the bonus isn’t always fixed. Also, please note that the timing in which a message appears indicating that you have received a login bonus may differ from when you actually receive the bonus.
Finally, bonus in-game messages are not always received exactly at 12:00 AM. You may receive the message as late as 4:00 AM the following day.
The screen froze and I can’t control anything.
Please reboot your device and restart the app.
I can’t connect to P&D. I receive a connection error.
You may be experiencing connection errors due to a bad network connection. Please try again where you have a good network connection. If possible, try connecting your device to a WiFi hotspot. If you still experience trouble, there may be a maintenance going on, so please check the maintenance schedule.
If a maintenance is not scheduled, please report the issue here.
※We may be unable to respond to individual bug reports, but we check each and every one of them. If we are experiencing a service outage, we will keep players informed via this website and our
official Facebook and other official communication channels.
The game stopped running properly.
This may be an issue affecting all of our users. Please check if there are any official notices informing users of any known issues with the app. If there are no notices, please report the issue here.
※We may be unable to respond to individual bug reports, but we check each and every one of them. If we are experiencing an issue, we will keep players informed via this website, our official Facebook and other official communication channels.
My gift hasn’t arrived.
There may be a delay in the network connection. Please wait a while and restart the app where you have a good connection.
I get the error message “Unable to complete transaction,” and am unable to purchase Magic Stones.
There seems to be an error with Apple’s systems. Please contact iTunes support for details on the status or your payment.
I’m not seeing my Magic Stone purchases reflected in game.
If Magic Stone transactions do not complete correctly, or are not reflected in game, please check the following:
1.If during a transaction, the “Purchase processing” screen displays, press the Back button once. The purchased Magic Stones should be now be reflected.
2. If this does not correct the issue, or if resetting your device does not resolve the problem as well, there may be cases in which Magic Stones take time to be reflected.
3. Please restart the app, and check back within an hour.
4. If Magic Stones are still not reflected, please contact Amazon Customer Service.
5. If a purchase was made but no changes are confirmed, we will cancel the transaction at Amazon.
6. Please try resubmitting your purchase after your order has been cancelled.
I got an error while fusing Monsters, and the Monsters disappeared.
There may be a delay in the network connection. Please restart the app in an area where you have a good network connection.
I accidentally sold/fused a Monster.
Once a Monster is sold or fused, it cannot be reverted. If you do not want to sell or fuse important Monsters, please go to your Monster Box and register them as your “Favorite” to avoid mistakes.
I can’t add a Monster to my Team.
Each Monster has a “cost.” If the total Team Cost exceeds the maximum cost your game data is allowed to accommodate at the time, then you will not be able to add them. You can check your current total cost by going to “Monster”⇒”Team Edit”⇒”Team Parameter,” so please compose your team of Monsters that are below your maximum cost.
I pulled the Egg Machine, but didn’t get a Monster.
There may be a delay in the network connection. The obtained Monster may not appear immediately, but the Monster has added to your data. Please check the Monster Box after a few minutes and look for a Monster with the blinking “New” text.
I don’t see the Monster that dropped.
The Monster that you defeated may have dropped an Egg that contained the pre-evolved version of the same Monster.
I ranked up, but my maximum Stamina and Cost didn’t increase.
When you rank up, one of the following parameters may increase: Stamina, Cost, Friend slots. Please note that your Stamina doesn’t increase every time you rank up. Once your available Friend slots reach 50, they will no longer increase when you rank up. You may use Magic Stones to purchase additional slots.
My remaining Exp is 0, but my Rank did not go up.
There may be a delay in the network connection. Please restart the app where you have a good connection.